Wednesday, 24 November 2010

My Claud-robe


It's become necessary for me to reveal my ultimate style icon. No, it' not Kate Moss, Julia Restoin-Roitfield, or even my beloved Olsen twins. If I'm honest with myself, (and I must point out here that I rarely am), the person who has inspired more purchases that any other is the one and only Ms Claudia Winkleman.

Close friends will not find this surprising. I have confessed to numerous people that I feel we are in fact long-lost friends, destined to reconnect at some point and take on the world one bag of cheesy Wotsits at a time. I taken pictures of her amazingly bouncy bob to the hairdressers, flirting with a nude lip and have a similarly inordinate number of obscenely high shoes. I draw the line at the spray tans, though it's only a matter of time.

I have obviously never met Claud (though she did recently tell my boyfriend he was 'soooo sweet' so we are obviously of one mind), yet I have loved her since It Takes Two started many moons ago. But my style stealing ways began this time last year when I spotted her in this warehouse dress on ITT:
Then, more recently, I spied a beautiful shirt on the Warehouse website:
I loved it, but I thought £55 was pretty steep, no? Even if it is silk. Until I turned on ITT and saw Claudia sporting the very same blouse. It was a sign from the gods - we are of one mind. It had to be mine.
Then I began the search for a Xmas party dress. I had absolutely no luck until browsing shoppingthetrend.com and noticing my future best mate in this beauty:


Dorothy Perkins, £40 on the big sale day? Yes please. So my Claud-robe continues to build. If I could afford either of the beautiful Paul and Jo Sister numbers she's worn in recent weeks I would snap them up. Seen here  and here.

So in summation, I love her style, described as Kate Moss meets Chrissie Hynde, and am not above copying it from time to time. I leave you with a quote:

"Everything I wear on Strictly people can buy. You will never see me in Herve Leger, because who can afford that?
"I get 50 requests a day from the show's online message boards and I want to always be able to say Miss Selfridge, Warehouse, French Connection or Topshop because that is all I wear."

Click here to enter my awesome Christmas blog giveaway

8 comments:

  1. i've only just come across your blog, and i must say i enjoy:)
    Claudia Winkleman has pretty great fashion sense, so shes a good style icon to have!
    i really like that blouse also actually, very stylish!
    definately going to be following you :)

    check out my blog if you like,
    http://courtneymelville.blogspot.com
    courtney xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE claudia! Watched her on filmnight last night and she is so funny. I also always love what she wears. lots of textured, sheer and lacy black! love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so with you. Although, i must admit, I *don't* draw the line at the spray tans. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous clothes :)
    she has such lovely outfits which don't cost stupid amounts

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful :)))

    LOVE
    minnja

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Y'know I never thought of our Claud as being an icon especially. Sorry... but... she annoys me somewhat, it's her flapping and silly fringe and silly lipstick *breathe* but I love the outfits you've picked up on here, maybe I should assess her from the neck down and I might like her more :) jazzy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Rank Herve Leger Dress fashion shows are often populated with celebrities and famous actresses dressed in Herve Leger bandage dresses.Famous fans, Lindsay Lohan, Rihanna and Kate Bosworth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore all of these! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...