Friday 17 September 2010

Feelin' blue

Party people, you are going to love me. I've discovered an amazingly pigmented, easy-to-apply, glossy A/W nail polish for a fiver - Rimmel Lycra Pro in Blue Vogue.

I actually borrowed this from a colleague this afternoon as many late nights in the office meant I hardly had time to wash my hair this week, nevermind paint my nails, and tonight I'm off for cocktails - Soho, you will never see me without a manicure.

This is 2 coats, and I could have left it at one! The first glided on neatly with not a streak in sight, thanks to an incredibly creamy formula that isn't sticky or gloopy like some thicker varnishes (Nails Inc, I'm talking to you). And check out that shine, without a topcoat! It's a little bluer than this photo, and has a hint of sparkle which is pretty invisible to the naked eye but must serve to enhance that awesome gleam.
Another boon of this brand is their new brush - it's wider and flat than your usual brush, and curved at the sides to fit around the nail bed. Seriously, this is an innovation in polish.

This line is marketed as offering a 'professional finish', and I have to agree that this is the neatest, glossiest, most even coverage I've ever achieved by myself.

If I wasn't in the middle of yet another spending embargo until payday, I would be straight to Boots to stock up on every colour of this miracle find, OPI Lincoln Park After Dark, you are no longer my favourite navy blue!

9 comments:

  1. awesome nails!
    Come Follow & Vote for me xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that it looks like the chanel i want. Deffos buying that

    Much love

    http://rougueandrife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever heard anyone gush about a nail varnish in quite so much detail, must mean it's amazing! :) jazzy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. does this by any chance belong to hayls?? i recognise that pink gel pen anywhere haha, unless her stationary addiction has spread further around the office :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am SO getting this. We should divide and conquer the whole range...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh that looks like a pretty lush dark blue! Rimmel are actually pretty decent for coverage I've always thought. Although I do swear by OPI, nothing seems to last as long on my nails as their polishes.

    The font used on Bucket's header is called Modern No.20 by the way, thought I'd let you know!

    Hollie

    lipstick and balloons

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh no worries, I too love a good font, hehe!

    Well I'm not going to lie, the whole HTML/CSS thing is new to me and I profess to be no tech boff, but I'm completely addicted to tinkering about with my blog and Mat's now, he'll be getting a new layout every month if he's not careful.

    I do love the jukebox photo though!

    Hollie

    lipstick and balloons

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I'm always a fan of dark color for nail vernish and this color is super cool! I love it. Thanks for sharing ;) Stay fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. im going to have to see if i can find this at my local drug store

    KeepItFvncy,
    M.E.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...