Monday 31 May 2010

You've left me speechless

Photobucket

Last night I saw Lady Gaga. The woman's a rockstar.

I've never been able to work out who and what she reminds me off. It seems like a huge cliche to say she's like Madonna, but in the flesh, onstage, in her element, the comparisons are startling. Her stage presence rivals both Madonna and Prince. She teased the audience endlessly, demanding attention and adoration before dismissing them with an expletive, like the most frustrating yet arresting love interest.

But it's her speaking voice that fascinated me. Gaga purrs through dialogue, seducing the listener with a careful meter that is almost a carbon copy of Madonna's performance throughout Justify my Love... it's uncanny, and almost can't be accidental.

Just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...