Friday 9 July 2010

All that glitters

I couldn't resist this. I know others have blogged about it, and you're probably bored of hearing of it, but it's just such a fabulous concept. Topshop Make up's Gypsy Night Nail Polish.
Now it's obviously not the most summery polish, but it's like having a little slice of outer space on each nail.
Multi-coloured glitter mixed with gold flecks in a stormy black base? Yes please! This is going to be my go-to colour come colder months.

I would have liked a slightly thicker consistency - there's no way you could get away with less than two coats; I did three here and even considered four. But the polish is much more magical than these pictures suggest. (Note to self, work on photography skills!)

Now some say size matters, but when it comes to polish I must disagree. These aren't big bottles - about half the size of OPI, but I've never personally used up more than half a nail polish anyway, so I don't see this as a downside. Especially as nail polish is, now more than ever, a trend-driven purchase rather than an investment.

The brush is also worthy of comment. It's a nice size, matching the small bottle. Am I the only one who finds OPI's large brushes, and the amount of polish they pick up, a little unweidly? I may be on my own here, as they are a professional favourite so can't be hard for experts to use, but with my amateur painting skills I prefer a more accurate tool.

Either way, I'm looking forward to Topshop restocking the bright blue colour. They're out of stock at the moment and I'm pretty happy with this for £5.

7 comments:

  1. I really like the copper glitter one too. Talking of bright blue - I think I'm going to end up caving to Barry M Cyan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried Topshop nailpolish yet but I might give it a try after this review! Your nails look great!

    Leia's Delights

    ReplyDelete
  3. This colour is great! I've tried sparkly black ones before and they were rubbish but this looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also find OPI's brushes a touch overwhelming -- I always have to drip a bit of polish off before applying it to my nails! I love this pretty sparkly shade!
    It's my first time on your blog and I'm loving it -- can't wait for more!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally fun. I'm a big fan of black nails for winter; the glitter makes the look more exciting.

    XO
    Carly

    All this is Grace and Charm
    http://allthisgraceandcharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice, this is one of my favourite colours too!! New Topshop makeup being launched in a month or so also! Exciting.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love glitter nails:)

    Please follow:

    http://fashion-style-and-more.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...