Tuesday 27 July 2010

Hair today, gone tomorrow

Let me share a secret - I don't wash my hair every day. I made a discovery that changed my life. Batiste Dry Shampoo.
Now, I know this won't be a revellation to many of you - it's not as if this brand hasn't been around for a while. And they've recently expanded the range to add new scents and colour-specific sprays, so plenty of people must be enjoying their product, but I'd just like to add my two-penneth.

My mane has its pros and cons - it's naturally very shiny (I don't even use conditioner, as it just makes it limp) but shiny hair is often oily hair, and for that reason I was tied to the hairdryer. Until I discovered this.

I was dubious at first - how can a spray just magic away the grease? But it does, and it lasts all day long. You just spray it on the roots, brush it out, and your hair really is fuller, more volumised and looks really clean!

I started with Tropical after sniffing them all in Boots (I regularly get told off for this). Now, Batiste are a little vague when it comes to the actual smells, but this is definitely coconut and I often get compliments on it.

Next I tried Blush - this is a girly, flowery, perfumey scent. Not my fave, but perfectly lovely.

Original is pretty dull. It kind of just smells... cold? But it's great if you already wear a strong scent and don't want anything to interfere with it.

Then things got exciting! Boho, Diva and coloured sprays - I've nearly tried them all!

Boho smells orangey, while Diva smells a little bit like impulse, or a deoderant. But brunette is chocolately and lovely and avoids those pesky white patches you get if you don't brush it out properly.

The other benefit of Batiste is you can use it to add volume to clean hair when doing plaits, pleats, messy buns or up-dos. If you haven't tried it already, it's about £3. The only drawback is the cans don't last that long - I go through about one every two weeks, but then I use it every other day.

P.S - never buy the Tony and Guy dry shampoo. It hardly cleans your hair, lasts about two hours and costs almost £7! The only plus point is it smells like Gucci Rush.

Do you guys use any other dry shampoos?

2 comments:

  1. I am absolutely obsessed with this stuff. I use the tropical one too and get the odd 'ooh you smell nice and coconutty'. I have to dye my hair once every 2-3 weeks (vibrant red fades to a hideous tangerine far too quickly) and this stuff lets me wash my hair every other day instead of every day. Whoop and indeed, doop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am a fan of the dry shampoo. I don't wash my hair every day (as Im mixed race & have thick hair that doesn't respond well to too much washing) I wish I had had this when I used to go to festivals in my teen years!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...