- Bloggers are lovely: Pretty much everyone I've come into contact with has been friendly, encouraging and a pleasure to meet. Thanks guys!
- There are a million blogs: Until I started blogging I had a fair few I'd bookmarked, but didn't follow anyone officially or comment much. Since I started my own I appreciate the effect a nice comment can have on your day, and try to send a little message to everyone whose post I enjoy.
- Blogging is hard work: It takes me about an hour a day, and my blog is pretty simple! I really try to do a post Monday to Friday (I'm generally out and about on weekends) and it can be tricky fitting it in.
- Don't blog if you want to save money: I shop even more now so I have plenty to review. Fun for me, not so fun for my bank manager.
- Followers become an obsession: There's something lovely about knowing someone checks in regularly. I literally get giddy each time I get another follower (16 and counting!) and will hold a fab competition when I hit 30.
Thanks for reading people! I'm having so much fun doing this, and reading your comments is always a pleasure.
As a small treat I thought I'd share my new favourite band, First Aid Kit, with you all. They're swedish and amazing and a treat if you're into Tegan and Sara, or Fleet Foxes, or folk, or just good stuff in general. Enjoy!
PS. You can also follow me on Twitter, if you so wish. I'm @Tortlington... please say hi!