Friday 13 August 2010

Monday Style Icon!

As well as sharing Tory's love of The Chung and all things Olsen, another huge style icon of mine is the beautiful Liv Tyler. I've been a fan of hers for a good decade and she has influenced everything from hairstyles to jeans, shoes to facewash, eyebrows to lipstick. I've lost count of the amount of times that I've attempted to ape an entire make-up look of hers. What I like most about Liv is that she really seems to glow from within - she has a real joie de vivre. A couple of people I know who have worked with her have said that she is actually the most beautiful person they have ever seen in real life, so I reckon I could do a lot worse for a style icon!

Here she is rocking the hell out of the Mulberry Raglan...



This is my favourite vintage photo of Liv - it was in the December 1999 issue of Looks magazine which was when she first came to my attention.



Anyone remember Looks by the way? It changed its name to Celebrity Looks and then promptly folded - I miss it!

A few random things I admire about Ms Tyler...
- She is 5'10" but not afraid to rock a pair of 6-inch heels and celebrate that fact.
- She actually runs errands in sweatpants and no make-up from time to time, which makes a refreshing change from the likes of Victoria Beckham who do the school run in Roland Mouret and matching YSL Trib Two's...
- She looks just as good without make-up as with it.
- She has a fantastic mane of hair!

And this is my favourite, favourite scene from 90s classic That Thing You Do!

1 comment:

  1. she's so fresh and put together

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...