Thursday 12 August 2010

Wardrobe Hall of Fame...

Hello, Bethan here! Whilst Tor is away sunning herself in Greece she has left the good ship Curve in the Mode in my 'capable' hands. In the words of the mighty Black Eyed Peas, let's get it started...



Now, Primark has its haters, and one of the main criticisms levelled at it is that the clothes don't last. I beg to differ, at least on a couple of counts. This smock dress was, I think, £8 when I bought it about 4 years ago, and cost per wear has to now be well under a penny. That's not the only thrifty thing about it - it is literally the most versatile item I've ever owned - there is no occasion for which it isn't suitable. I've worn it to birthday parties, job interviews, dates, swanky do's and grimy clubs. In fact the only time its not ideal is in the height of summer - the black poly is not so breathable! I'm not the only one still rocking it, most weeks I see it on someone else; last week it was spotted teamed with denim cut-offs and with a chunky belt. Versatile indeed!



Do you guys have your own enduring classics?!

4 comments:

  1. That's a really lovely dress! The only stuff I've found that REALLY doesn't last from Primark is shoes but when you buy tham at £3 a pair what do you expect!! I've got so many smock style dresses that just last and last. Sometimes I'll be obsessed in a dress than not wear it for a year or so and then find a new love for it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is my biggest Primark regret (and I don't have many). I see it all the time and always love it. My brother's sister has also been wearing it for years, in fact, last week she was even wearing it accessorised with a baby bump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this dress! It's lovely.

    Thanks for the lovely comments. I hope you come back and visit.

    MelRod :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally, though they're a level more expensive! My enduring piece is a blue striped nautical Topshop playsuit, £35 is a lot for me to spend in one go, but I literally wear it ALL OF THE TIME. Lest it start to smell.

    Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...